Are you tired of buying budget blenders that simply break after just a few uses? Sick of smelling burning plastic as your motor base overheats yet again, and you know that soon you will be unable to make your morning smoothie due to yet another blender blowing up on you?
You wish that you could afford to purchase a Vitamix or Blendtec blender and not have to put a second mortgage down your house, right? Well, thanks to the new product line that is available from Blendtec, this can be a very real possibility for you.
If you know that you do enjoy smoothies or know that you are going to be using your blender quite often, then owning either a Blendtec or Vitamix is a very sound investment that you can enjoy for many years to come.
As previously mentioned, now Blendtec offers several entry-level models for less than $500 that you will surely enjoy. One of these entry-level models is the Blendtec Classic 560. In this review we will take a quick look at some of the pros and cons of this blender as well as some of the features and benefits that are included with it.
Blendtec Classic 560 Review
A brand-new Blendtec for less than $320? I seriously couldn’t believe it either. When I first heard about the price of the Blendtec Classic 560 I thought it surely had to be a typo as previously a new Blendtec would cost almost $500.
Thankfully, it was certainly not a typo and now Blendtec does offer a brand-new blender for less than $320. The question remains, however, is it worth the investment?
Pros and Cons of the Blendtec Classic 560
- Price: at just under $320 this unit will allow you to try out the Blendtec product lineup without breaking the bank. For this reason, we also featured the Blendtec Classic 560 as one of our cheap Blendtec blenders.
- Power: with an impressive 3 hp motor you will have no trouble creating delicious smoothies free of chunks and seeds as well as be able to blend many other things.
- Included wild side + jar: this jar is pretty impressive as it allows you to create many different blended items with ease and with no tamper required. The patented jar design prevents cavitation which allows all ingredients within it to be blended with the blades.
- Eight year warranty: since this is a new Blendtec model, it comes with an impressive eight year warranty that not only covers the blender motor base, but also the included wild side + jar.
- Four-speed settings and pulse feature: having all of the different speed settings available on this unit as well as an included pulse feature will let you ensure that you always have the perfect blend.
- Fits well beneath most standard countertops
- Limited color selection: the Blendtec Classic 560 has a limited color selection of black, white, and a red-orange known as poppy. To solve this problem, Blendtec has another great entry level blender and you can see a side by side comparison between this model and the Blendtec Classic 575 here.
- Lack of clearly defined speeds: many of the other Blendtec models tell you what speeds should be used when making specific items. With this unit, you must look up conversions to ensure that the proper speed is selected.
How Well Does it Blend?
The Blendtec Classic 560 packs an impressive 1560 W 3 peak horsepower motor that will literally obliterate anything thrown at it. If that wasn’t enough, it also comes included with the Blendtec wild side + jar.
This blender is able to handle smoothies with ease and destroys high fibrous vegetables such as kale and spinach. You are able to drink the smoothies that you make with this blender through a straw without finding any seeds, clumps, or chunks of leftover ingredients that were improperly blended.
The Blendtec Classic 560 can also handle many other jobs such as ice cream, hot soups, fresh ground flours, and nut butters. With the included wild side + jar you are able to make all of your blended drinks, smoothies, ice cream, hot soups, and much more.
If you are wanting to make your own freshly ground flours or nut butters, you can, but it is highly recommended that you look into also purchasing one of the Blendtec twister jars. These jars are specifically designed to work with your Blendtec blenders when creating nut butters, freshly ground flours, and other dry ingredient tasks that may stick to the sides of the jar.
Does Blendtec Stand Behind This Blender?
This blender comes included with blendtec’s full-coverage eight year warranty that protects not only your blender’s motor base, but also the included wild side + jar. This warranty allows you to have peace of mind knowing that if something goes wrong with your unit in the next eight years Blendtec has you covered.
What Type of Customer Service Can You Expect from Blendtec?
The customer service of Blendtec is truly top-of-the-line. Every time that I have personally contacted them. I have had a live representative on the phone within five minutes. That is very impressive to me as, with other companies, it’s hard to sometimes get a real person on the phone when things go wrong.
How Tough is the Blendtec Classic 560?
While Blendtec does offer some of the best customer service in the industry, it will be seldom that you ever need to call them in the first place. The only time that I have found myself personally contacting them was over a jar issue that they quickly resolved without question.
The good news is that Blendtec is always there even if you just have a quick question about how to use your blender. All you have to do is call in and they will be more than happy to give you advice, tips and tricks, and much more. In order to ensure that you receive the most satisfaction possible from your Blendtec.
How Hard is the Blendtec Classic 560 to Clean?
All jars made by Blendtec are able to be put in your dishwasher for easy cleaning. There is a much easier way to keep them looking great.
The other way to keep your Blendtec looking great is to simply put in a tablespoon of dishwashing detergent, press medium speed, and run for roughly 30 to 45 seconds. This will allow you to clean your Blendtec with ease.
The Blendtec Classic 560 is the Right Blender for You
If you’re looking for a great blender that can stand the test of time with prolonged daily use, and still perform at its best 5 to 10 years down the road, then you’re going to be challenged to find a better entry-level blender than the Blendtec Classic 560.
Basically, if you’re looking for a blender that will:
- Make smoothies, ice creams, nut butters, and more.
- Give you a delicious smooth blend without seeds, chunks, or leftover ingredients.
- Work for many years into the future.
- Have a great customer service team available when you need them.
- Uphold its track record of being a quality blender.