While there are numerous different models in the Ninja blender product line, the Ninja BL660 Professional blender kind of stands as one blender that combines the best of all the others as far as blending smoothies is concerned. Why is this? Well read on for the reasons that this inexpensive little blender is a cut above the rest of the Ninja lineup.
- Affordability – At under $150, the options that this blender comes with are sure to impress most users.
- Has an 1100 watt motor – The motor used by the Ninja BL660 Professional blender is more than powerful enough to blend the toughest ingredients
- Comes with a large 72 ounce container and 2 x Nutri Ninja cups with to go lids – This is where this unit really shines as it allows you to have the best of both worlds where smoothies are concerned.
- Features 3 speed settings as well as a pulse feature – This allows you to reach your desired level of thickness with ease.
- The patented Ninja blade system – The design of the blades for all Ninja blenders allows for thorough mixing throughout your blend.
- Warranty – This is yet another one that only comes with a one year warranty and if you have to use it be prepared to pay $30 and shipping and handling.
- The blades are like razors! – The Ninja blades are extremely sharp and can result in cuts. These are certainly NOT safe for children to handle at all.
- Lack of food processing containers – Many of the other Ninja blenders such as the Ninja Master Prep and the Ninja BL 820 include mixing and food processing containers. This one does not, however this is certainly far from a deal breaker where this unit is concerned.
Many people enjoy a freshly made smoothie daily. Sometimes all you need is one smoothie that you can whip up quickly on the way out the door first thing in the morning.
On the flip side, sometimes you want to make a large container of smoothies for guests or family, and need a larger jar in order to do this.
This is where this unit truly shines. It features both a large 72 ounce pitcher for smoothies in large amounts as well as 2 16 ounce single serve cups that can easily be slapped on top of the blender for those hectic mornings on the run.
With the price point coming in at just under $130, this unit truly is a great deal as you would normally find yourself shelling out at least $50 for a large container blender as well as another $120 for a good single serve unit. With this one, you don’t need any additional investment to enjoy both.
Yes, Ninja’s warranty really does STINK! They only cover their products for a year, and even then you have to pay a “service fee” as well as pay shipping and handling. Not to mention, their customer service is absolutely terrible and barely understandable at all.
For this reason, I strongly suggest that you take it out of their hands. By purchasing an extended warranty from retailers such as Amazon, you can get the customer service from a good brand rather than having the headaches of trying to deal with Ninja customer service department.
On a side note, you always have between 30 and 90 days of coverage from most retailers that you can return the product if something goes amiss. So, really you have two choices. If this can be a disposable purchase should problems arise (I’ve personally had my Ninja Master Prep for several years without trouble) then don’t go with extended coverage. If you would like some peace of mind however, opt for the low cost extended replacement warranty offered by retailers.
Once again, this blender is really a great value for those who want the ability to blend both large containers as well as individual servings. It typically produces a very smooth drink, and it allows you the versatility of choice at a value price. And because of its value and versatility it made our Top 10 Blenders on the Market list.
What are your thoughts on the Ninja BL660 Professional blender? Have you had the opportunity to use one? Do you plan on giving one a try? Please feel free to leave your questions and comments below and thanks for reading!