Hello Friends of Smoothies and Blenders! Tony here, and I have just a small bit of information I wanted to add to this post as I’ve actually owned one of these bad boys since my mother-in-law blessed it as a gift to us after it ran as a today’s special value item on QVC about 5 years ago. So, I just wanted to drop in and give my opinions on this Ninja Master Prep review.
Now, to the best of my knowledge, they don’t carry this one over at QVC anymore and why the heck would they? It’s decreased a lot in price and now runs ya right around 50 bucks!
The cost and quality of this blender is exactly why it made the list for the top blenders under $50. How well is mine performing 5 years after purchase? Well, it might surprise you!
Believe it or not, this blender is still performing pretty good. Up until just a couple of weeks ago, this was my go to blender for a lot of stuff. I can honestly say I used it at least 4 times a week every week over the last 5 years. Now, it’s starting to make a weird sound like the motor is about to go, but honestly, the price for the time I’ve used it is REALLY impressive.
Regardless, I wanted to come in and just provide my two cents on what I thought about this blender. I’ve owned it, I’ve used it, and I’ve loved it. If you watch out for the nasty sharpness of this things’ blades and make sure to keep it clean after each use, this little guy will provide you with a cheap blender that really performs.
If you’re wanting to give this sucker a whirl, head over to Amazon by clicking the link below and snag up one for yourself for right around 50 bucks. If you want some more information on the Ninja Master Prep, then read on below the link for Kary’s full review. Thanks for letting me add my two cents folks and best of luck to you all on your blender journey!
As a consumer, you are often trying to find the most bang for your buck. Coming in right around $50 the Ninja Master Prep Pro system certainly delivers. This small little unit offers a ton of options as to exactly what you can do with it and delivers them with a very reasonable price tag.
While there are a few different options as to which Master Prep system you can choose from, this review is going to focus on the Master Prep Pro system which features multiple containers and a stronger 450 watt power pod.
So what does this system have to offer? Well read on and prepare to be surprised at just what $50 can still buy.
What’s in the Box?
- Ninja Master Prep Power Pod – This is the brains of the operation. It features 450 watts of blending and food processing power. While this may not seem like that much, it packs enough juice to blend most ingredients and quickly pulverizes ice cubes into snow.
- A 48 Ounce Pitcher with Blade Set Splash Guard and Storage Lid – This is the primary setup that you will be using in order to make smoothies, juices, mixed drinks, and any other beverages that you may wish to create. Its large size allows you to make a full pitcher for guests, or simply reduce the amount of ingredients used for personal single servings. With the included storage lid, you have the option to make a large container and store it in your refrigerator for use over several sittings or days.
- A 40 Ounce Bowl with Blade Set and Storage Lid – This container is designed for food processing rather than blending and allows you to make homemade salsas, soups, appetizers, and much more. Just as with the 48 ounce pitcher it includes a storage lid so that you can store your creations for later use.
- A 16 Ounce Chopper with Blade Set and Storage Lid – This container is designed for doing things such as chopping onions, vegetables, and anything else you simply want to chop up. As with the other two containers, it includes its own blade set and storage container allowing you to store what you don’t use in one sitting.
What’s Good About the Ninja Master Prep System?
- Offers a pretty powerful system for a very low price allowing entry into the world of smoothie creation. For this reason it was selected as one of the top blenders under $50.
- Provides pretty smooth blending for frozen drinks, smoothies, juices, and other beverages
- Can blend most drinks and smoothies in less than two minutes.
- Offers multiple containers and storage lids so that you have more than just a blender with the ability to make large servings and use over many days
- Destroys ice without any difficulty. This is why is it was chosen as one of the best blenders that crush ice.
What’s Bad About the Ninja Master Prep System?
- Blades are extremely sharp and must be taken apart for cleaning which can result in cuts
- The loose blades can be dangerous to children and must be kept out of their reach
- Operation of the unit must be done in pulses rather than simply turning on the unit and letting it do its job
- Does not pulverize seeds as well as other units
- Does not offer multiple speeds for blending or food processing
- Only comes with a one-year limited warranty
Ninja Master Prep Pro Breakdown and Personal Thoughts
Personally, I like this unit and even included it in the Top 10 Blenders on the Market list. I often refer to it as the go to unit for entry-level blenders. With its additional containers, blade systems, and storage ability, you get a lot more than just a simple blender for a very low investment.
The Ninja Master Prep allows you to not only blend but also complete other food processing jobs. If you’re new to the blending and smoothie arena, then this little unit will allow you to see if this is something you wish to pursue further without breaking the bank.
There are a few additional downsides with this unit that must be mentioned
- I have found that many ingredients will simply not blend smoothly unless you take a few additional steps. For example, when blending smoothies with ice you should first pulverize the ice into snow before you add any additional ingredients. This allows the unit to first create a good base before having to crush and blend other ingredients with it.
- It is important to take the time to learn how to use this unit so that you can avoid frustration. This machine is simply not designed to be used like a regular blender. Many other users have stated that their units have burned out and stopped functioning after only using it for 10 minutes of blending, blending for as little as 3 minutes, and similar circumstances. This unit is not designed to be continuously run for that long of time. Personally, my unit is working just as well now as it did three years ago.
- It is crucially important to always remember to immediately rinse the lids and blade sets of the containers that you are blending in as soon as you are finished using them. This will prevent the buildup of food particles in the small grooves along the tops of the lids. If you allow food to build up in these grooves, it is nearly impossible to get them clean as it is very difficult to get a washcloth or brush into the grooves.
A positive note in regards to cleaning the unit, is the fact that the entire unit is dishwasher safe. You can toss all of the parts of the unit, with the exception of the power pod into your dishwasher for easy cleaning. Once again though, you should immediately rinse off the splash guard lids and blade sets prior to placing them in the dishwasher to avoid having food buildup in hard to reach areas. For additional information on how to clean your Ninja blender, click here.
All in all, this is a wonderful unit for people just entering into the world of smoothies and blenders as it allows entry with a very small investment. For those who already know that they enjoy blending smoothies, you may wish to go with a stronger unit at a higher price point. If you think you are ready to try out the Ninja Master Prep, you can take a look at the most recent prices over at Amazon.
What are your thoughts on the ninja master prep system? Please feel free to take a moment and leave your thoughts below in the comments section. Thank you for taking the time to check out this product review.