I have personally always been a big fan of Ninja blenders. The very first performance blender I actually owned was a Ninja Master Prep. Now, ninja has created not only a very interesting blender, but also some impressive technology. The following Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ review will take a look at some of this cutting-edge technology, as well as see if the new line of ninja blenders can really stand up to all the hype surrounding them.
After using the blender for just a very short amount of time, I was able to quickly determine several pros and cons about this unit. Some of these have been standard with Ninja blenders for several years, but many are brand-new to this lineup.
Pros and Cons of the Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ
- Auto IQ technology – Ninja claims that their new auto IQ technology cannot only deliver the perfect textured smoothies, but also allows you to literally start blending and walk away until the job is done. Personally, I was very impressed with this auto IQ technology. It actually works pretty well, and you can see more details about it in the sections below.
- A very powerful motor – the Nutri Ninja with auto IQ features a powerful 1000 W motor that can blast through the toughest ingredients with ease.
- 3 different sized cups – the Nutri Ninja with auto IQ comes with three different cup sizes, allowing you to be able to choose which size smoothie you would like to create. These cup sizes include an 18 ounce small cup, a 24 ounce “regular” cup, and a 32 ounce “jumbo” cup.
- Travel lids that actually work – previous models of the Nutri Ninja have been notorious for including travel lids that leak all over the place. These ones actually work really well. In fact, I noticed even when one of my cups tipped onto its side, the travel lid prevented it from spilling all over the upholstery of my car.
- Vast improvement over previous models – the Nutri Ninja product line has definitely had some flaws in the past. From leaking gaskets, to spilling travel cups, and quickly overheating motors. Thankfully, none of these issues have been observed with the new Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ. It looks as though ninja has created a very high quality product that really won’t break the bank.
- Same low warranty – my biggest complaint with Ninja blenders has always been the fact that they only offer a one-year warranty with all of their products. If that wasn’t bad enough, this is a limited warranty, but there is a really easy workaround that is also very inexpensive. There are more details about this below.
- A whole lot of noise – while all blenders tend to be very loud, this one really rocks the walls. If you’re going to be using it close to a bedroom, you can count on waking people up. This is most likely due to the power that is in this blenders motor. Not too mention the fact that you have all of the ingredients for your smoothie slamming around inside of a smaller container.
How Well Does the Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ Blend?
The Nutri ninja with auto IQ does an incredible job of blending. I was actually very shocked at just how well this little unit performed.
Not only did it handle typical ingredients such as bananas, oranges, strawberries and other fruits, it also obliterated kale, spinach, and raspberries. This was actually the most impressive part of its blending performance. After using raspberries and kale in a smoothie recipe, there were no leftover large pieces of kale, and the raspberries seeds were impossible to detect.
As I’m sure you’re aware, raspberries seeds are very hard to blend up and even some high-end $400 and $500 blenders struggle to get rid of them completely.
How Well Does the Auto IQ Technology Work?
Sure, the concept of owning a blender that takes a lot of the guesswork out of creating fresh delicious smoothies sounds wonderful, right? It’s a concept that many of us have desired for a very long time.
The problem is, a lot of companies fall short on fulfilling this promise. This is certainly not the case in regards to the Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ. Why? Believe it or not, this little guy actually lives up to the promise of being able to add your ingredients, push a button, and walk away. Wait 45 seconds to a minute and a half, come back to the unit, and enjoy your freshly created delicious smoothie.
This is especially nice if you have a hectic early morning schedule as you try to rush out the door to work. You can create a freezer pack for all of your smoothie ingredients the night before, toss it in, add just a little liquid, push one button, finish getting ready for work, grab your smoothie, slap on a lid, and out the door you go with breakfast freshly prepared for you.
How Easy Is It to Use the Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ?
The Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ is not only very functional, but also really easy to use. I briefly skimmed through the instruction manual (okay, I actually read maybe a page, I’m a guy and it’s in my nature) and I was able to make all of my favorite smoothie recipes without taking a second glance at the manual.
I prefer a much more blended smoothie. So here’s exactly what I have to do in order to make this blender work.
I put all of my ingredients in from the lightest on the bottom to the heaviest on top, secure the blade, set it on top of the blender, and press the ultra-blend button. Then I walk away and come back in about 10 minutes and grab my smoothie as I run out the door.
It actually only takes about a minute and a half for this unit to fully prepare your smoothie, but I prefer to start this process while I’m in the kitchen grabbing my morning cup of coffee. So I will literally grab my coffee, start my smoothie, finish getting ready for work, and then the smoothie as I head out the door.
Does Ninja Stand behind This Blender?
This is the biggest problem that I have always personally had with the Ninja family of blenders. They make some superb products, and 90% of the time you won’t run into a single issue with them. The other 10% of the time however, your unit will literally die a day after the warranty runs out.
Personally, I have only experienced this phenomenon one time. Unfortunately, it was with a fairly expensive Ninja blender that cost me right around $200. Many other users have said with previous ninja products, that this is a fairly common problem affecting roughly 30% of users.
The good news is that there is a really inexpensive and easy workaround that will protect your investment for many years to come. For a measly 25 bucks, you can snag up a Square Trade replacement warranty from Amazon when you purchase your blender.
Any time that you’re purchasing one of these units, or any other kitchen appliance that only has a one-year warranty, it is very highly recommended that you also include one of these three-year protection warranties. The peace of mind alone is well worth the additional money.
What Type of Customer Support Can You Expect from Ninja?
Another pro for Ninja is that they have significantly improved their customer service. In the past I have noticed that it would often take me 10 to 12 minutes to get in touch with anyone at Ninja support.
I have made 3 calls over the last 30 days just to see how long I had to wait in queue. Thankfully, their service department has became a lot better. Typically, I have waited roughly 7 minutes to speak to a representative, and the agents that I have spoken to have been more than happy to answer all of my questions.
Other users have reported that their recent interactions with Ninja support have in fact been much better than what they received in previous years. They’ve stated that Ninja has replaced their units and done so without any complaint whatsoever. This is a vast improvement over the support the Ninja company provided several years ago.
How Tough Is the Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ?
I have been very impressed in the few weeks that I have been using the Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ. I have really put this thing through the ringer so far to honestly try and break it.
What have I done? Well, I’ve been trying to use it about three times a day and so far so good. I have probably used this unit approximately 100 times so far and I have seen no signs of it slowing down or starting to break.
Looking at other people’s reviews on this one over at Amazon, Ninja, and a couple of other sites, I have only been able to find a single one star review in total. That user’s only complaint was that she didn’t get her free cookbook with the blender.
In the big scheme of things, this is certainly not a make it or break it issue. I’m actually pretty surprised that out of more than 100 reviews only one customer has given this unit a bad rating.
How Hard Is the Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ to Clean?
The Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ is actually very easy to clean. There are two ways that you can clean this unit without very much difficulty.
The first way to clean the Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ is to fill the blending cup to the fill line, put in just a few drops of dishwashing soap, put your blade assembly on, place it on the blender motor and & pulse it just a few times. By doing this, your blender can literally clean itself.
The second way to clean this blender is to simply place everything in the dishwasher. That’s right, this one is completely dishwasher safe. The cups can go anywhere in your dishwasher, but the blades and lids need to be placed on the top rack only.
As you can see, the Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ is a very easy blender to clean.
Is the Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ the Right Blender for You?
If you’re looking for wonderful single serve blender that will:
- Allow you to make fresh single serving smoothies and more.
- Deliver powerful results with no chunks or seeds.
- Provide handy storage containers in multiple sizes for smoothies and drinks.
- Make your morning routine a lot easier.
- Make your fresh smoothies without constant supervision.