Are you looking for smoothie recipes that offer options without dairy or yogurt? Are you dairy or lactose intolerant and always on the search for smoothie concoctions that taste great, even without dairy? This strawberry banana smoothie without yogurt is sure to be one of your favorites.
This recipe is one of the first smoothie recipes that I tried and still enjoy.
- 8-10 oz of liquid: water, orange juice, soy milk, almond milk
- 1 peeled banana, fresh or frozen
- handful of fresh or frozen strawberries (I like to add a few fresh strawberries for additional berry flavor, but this is not necessary)
- 1 peeled orange
- optional: handful of washed baby spinach or kale
- 1 teaspoon of local honey
- handful of ice
- blend until smooth
Have fun and be creative
Remember that smoothie making is not an exact science and that having fun with the produce and fruit you have available and being creative are all part of the experience to find the best smoothie that works best for you and your family.
Make sure that you have a blender that can make your smoothies the right texture as well. You can check out our top picks over here.
Supercharing your smoothie
When you supercharge your smoothie you can add one or more of the ingredients below and add additional health and nutritional benefits to you smoothie.
- Chia seeds: for additional fiber, Omega 3’s. Chia seeds are also known to be a mood enhancer and help to curb your appetite.
- Flaxseed: 2 tablespoons added to your smoothie really add a nutty taste and offer fiber and Omega 3’s, the good fat to your smoothie.
- Protein powder: add your favorite protein powder to this smoothie and you will have the perfect meal replacement. Adding vanilla protein to this smoothie is delicious.
Happy Smoothie Making Conclusion
What is your favorite smoothie recipe? Do you have a recipe that you like to go back to? Do you have fun making smoothies and trying different recipes and concoctions? Please share with us your favorite smoothie recipe, we’d love to hear what you like. Do you add any Supercharge ingredients to your smoothie? We enjoy seeing your comments, thoughts and recipes in the comment section below.