If you are lactose or dairy intolerant or if you are at all like me, you don’t want to add the additional calories to your smoothie by adding yogurt. I have played around with a lot of smoothie recipes to find the perfect smoothie blends that still have flavor and maintain a smooth texture without yogurt. Try this strawberry smoothie without yogurt recipe, I’m pretty sure that you won’t be disappointed and won’t miss the yogurt at all-including the calories.
- 8-12 oz of your choice of liquid: water, coconut water, orange juice, soy milk or almond milk (you can always use vanilla flavored soy or almond milk.)
- 8-12 frozen or fresh strawberries
- large chunk or 1/4 cup of diced pineapple (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of local honey
- handful of ice
- blend until smooth
Would you like to Supercharge this smoothie?
We love supercharging our smoothies with a few of our favorite add on ingredients. You can add a lot of benefit to your smoothie just by saying “yes please” and adding one or two of these supercharge smoothie add ons.
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed: flax seed is filled with fiber, both insoluble and soluble. Lots of Omega-3 essential fatty acids, which is labeled the “good fat and Lignans which has tons of antioxidant qualities. See why just 2 tablespoons can help reduce the risks of cancer, diabetes, stroke and heart disease? Personally, I like the flavor that flaxseed adds to my smoothies.
- chia seeds: chia seeds are another powerhouse full of phosphorus for healthy teeth and bones, Omega-3’s, fiber and protein. Chia seeds are also known to help lower cholesterol and get this…chia seeds have tryptophan that is also found in turkey. Tryptophan helps to regulate sleep and appetite and improves mood.
- protein powder: why not make your smoothie a perfect meal replacement or a pre or post workout drink by adding your favorite protein powder. Just a little tip, I have tried vanilla flavored protein with this recipe and it was pretty tasty.
What do you think of this recipe?
Did you give this recipe a try? Were you looking for a smoothie recipe without yogurt? Do you have a favorite smoothie recipe that doesn’t include yogurt? Please share your thoughts, ideas and recipes in the comment section below. We’d love to hear from you.